MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 14 January 2013

Peacock Feathers for the New Year!

A Belated Happy New Year to everyone

Hope you all are well and feeling better this cold Monday morning, I am thankfully on the mend and hope it stays that way since being ill from before Christmas although I still have more tests this week but I am feeling much better and glad to be back in the land of the crafting!
Here are two cards I made at the weekend with Woodware's clear magic stamps (Peacock in frame & Feather) I stamped the images in black Versafine then painted with my Distress inks Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concord, Broken China, Picked Raspberry and Peeled paint. The background has been stamped in Brilliance Galaxy Gold, I have also embossed with Black & Gold powders and added a touch of glitter with a Quickie glue pen.  The die cut feathers are made from Spellbinders Positively Me Jewel Fantasies 4, there are four different feather dies in this set. I coloured seam binding ribbon with my distress inks and added organza ribbon and a paper flower to one of the cards and pearl gems to the stamped feathers on the other card.On this first card I have covered the peacock with Anita's 3D glaze. Both cards are 6x6 square.


Just looking outside I think I'm off now to knit another scarf it could be we are in for more cold weather, it's a good job these birds have plenty of feathers lol!...See you later  : )

2 comments:

KathMF said...

Sheilagh, these cards are stunning! I absolutely love them both. So wish I had been able to come this Tuesday. Glad you are feeling better. xx

Christine B. said...

Hi Sheilagh how did your tests go. Your cards are beautiful. Hugs x ChrisB