MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Sunday 5 January 2014

Talk Urban - send a Post Card

Well I'll think I should begin the first post of this 2014 and wish everyone a happy and prosperous New Year and also good health to us all  : )
So here we go first class of 2014 - thought I might try something a little different and just give you all a recipe list of what we will be using and then what we do with it all can remain a surprise so you can come to class and not have any idea as to what on earth you will be making, but I decided it wasn't such a good idea after all LOL! just kidding with you all as if I would do that to you he! he! Me! no way I'm not that bad ! Ha! ha!
right so here's the LIST _

The New Urban stamps from Papermania - Talk Urban and Postal frame.
I have to say when I first saw this stamp I had lots of ideas and I think it will be quite useful throughout the seasons including (dare I say the word and it's only just January) Christmas ! OK moving on now.......
 So You are all shouting at me now "Get on with it for heavens sake" ,
Maybe you would like to take a little peek at what I have actually made with this set of two stamps? then here we go -------------------



Oh I'm sorry I forgot to upload the photo's I took onto my computer so you will have to wait a little longer, in the mean time I can tell you all what I did use to make these two cards and to start with -

Black versafine ink pad + Clear Embossing powder.



 OH! here we go managed to get it sorted, this is a C5 Landscape card.

Distress Ink Pads
Wild Honey
Tumbled Glass
Spun Sugar
Weathered Wood

Black Archival ink pad
Plumb Archival ink pad

Glimmer Mist Sunkissed Peach



Black Cosmic Shimmer glue for the Pearl dots.

Pencils to colour stamped flowers, light blue, purple and pink.
All the stamps used to create the background inside each Post Card are from my stash so the possibilities are endless if you get my drift.
The Butterflies are from a cut and emboss set of die and folders from Cuttlebug which I have had for quite some time.If you click on this photo you can see the mica shimmer from the Glimmer Mist spray.

Card no 2 is a 6x6 square, and the background (blue with dots 12x12) paper is also from Papermania.





I have die cut one edge of the paper using a border die by Xcut - Doris


Distress Ink Pads
Picked Raspberries
Chipped Sapphire
Weathered Wood


Black Versafine
Clear Embossing Powder
Anti-Static-bag


The Swirl is cut from  a new set of large dies - Floral Flourishes again by Xcut, and did you know by any chance that these dies come with a lifetime guarantee because it says so on the front of the packet they come in, good eh! and there are seven dies in this set.

Once again I have finished off the postcard main image with a light spray of Glimmer Mist and this time I used Starfish.
Well that's it for this very first post of this very new year I hope we will be able to keep on going for another  twelve months just like last year of fun, mayhem and happy crafting lol!
See you very soon x
Sheilagh : )

No comments: