MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 26 September 2016

Entwined Holly Box - Sara's Traditional Christmas Panel Die

Hello there, back from Chesterfield and I have to tell you that if you ever get the chance do go pay Crafter's Companion a little visit as the new store (which is surrounded by lots of other lovely shops) is Amazing it is so well stocked with not only there own products but lots of others also, sooooo many goodies and the feedback from all the customers was just wonderful so I for one can only imagine what the flagship store in Doncaster must be like, one day lol!!!
Okay lets get straight back to our crafty classes and because this was requested by a few of you lovely people we are going to make a rather nice tall box with one of the panel dies from Sara's Traditional Christmas range and it turned out really well even if I do say so myself.
Instead of choosing the original one I first made from the black cardstock I have gone with white cardstock and Colour Cloud ink, Indigo Mist was my choice for this project.
Ok. Who forgot to take any photo's? Oh! I guess that would be me then, back soon to update this post, won't be long honest
Back now, as you can see in the photo above I have gone from this plain white cardstock template I made and cut it out twice to form the body of my box.

 The box is constructed in four parts, the main body (two parts) the base and the lid.

The panels on all four sides have been die cut.






Behind each die cut panel there is a vellum embossed panel which I glued in place with my Tacky glue, I also used this to construct all the parts of the box.
It would look just as good if you were to use acetate in place of the vellum.


You can see in this photo the lid has been embellished with die cut leaves, the Holly leaves are from Sara's Contemporary range and the larger leaves are from her newest range Autumn Morning.



I coloured the holly leaves with my Colour Cloud ink and the larger leaves have been sprayed with Stick and Stay before adding the glitter.

I haven't mentioned yet that all the scoring has been done on the Big score board and I used my brayer and blending mat to colour the main body of the box which worked out rather well as it gives a very soft distressed look which you might not pick up on from the photo's.

I thought this box would be useful to pop a present into such as a candle or of course chocolates and give as a gift, you could always make a card or tag to match.
It is much prettier in real time as once again my photo's are a bit rubbish, hopefully I will have the time in the next week or two to get my camera sorted out on my tablet x
See you soon x
Sheilagh


No comments: