MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Poppies are popular. - Xcut Embossing Folders

Good afternoon folks, I'm not going to spend any time wittering on with Today's Post as I want to make the most of this decent weather and get some more washing pegged out whilst the sun does shine and boy do I need to wash some windows but a wise person once told me never wash your windows when the sun is shining on them! Thanks Mum, she was a wise woman, thank heavens for that lol! Now to move on with this week's classes and as you may have already guessed we will be using two beautiful Embossing Folders from Xcut........ and I should mention that both are a really good size A5 no less, Cherry Blossom Stripe and Large Blossom as they are called but I have somehow managed to see them as poppies which is the theme I went along with but as their names suggest they can be used in so many different ways as I imagine you will see that for yourselves.
Two cards both A4 folded to make A5.........



OK here's the thing cast you minds back to sometime last year when in one of your magazines there was these little goodies as part of your free gifts and seen as I had poppies in my mind I thought it would be perfect to give them another airing so to speak so that's what I did along with my Sakura pencils, clear Embossing Powder, Black Versafine ink pad, and Distress inks Fired Brick, Ripe Persimmon and Bundled Sage, not forgetting a touch of Gold Gilding polish.



I used my Brayer to ink the Embossing folder with Bundled Sage then once dry I started to add colour to some of the embossed flowers with my pencils. I chose reds and orange for this one.





Oi! You! Clear Off! What are you doing?????? Step away from my GEMINI CAT!!!!!!

Poor Human! You Shall Not have use of this contraption today!!!!


Stop trying to turn it off for goodness sakes........





It's amazing what a couple of cat treats can do lol!

That's sorted now I can carry on, here's the finished card and I have used just a touch of black colour Cloud ink around the edges, added my die cut flower and stamped leaves.


Onto the second card.

I started by creating a background with my Pixie Powder Mango Blaze, dried the cardstock thoroughly before adding a touch of Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink and embossing in the folder then using the stamps and Bundled Sage to make the stem and leaves.










The background layer has been coloured with Spiced Marmalade and the sentiments have been stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa.



I do think that the Poppy design has worked out well with both these Embossing Folders but on closer inspection you will see that they will work with a multitude of designs be it floral or otherwise, very pretty and useful.





Just thought I'd try and give you a shot of the Pixie Powders in close up, I simply love using them. : )











Well that's it for today hope you like them, see you soon x

Wait what's this????

Oh your back are you,  don't look at me like that come on Mrs. move I need my machine.

Me Not listening to my human !!
Me Not moving Me staying here...

Oh this could take some time, I'll see you later x

No comments: