MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 12 November 2012

A new Arrival & Here Comes santa

Hi to every one and can I just tell you we have a new arrival in the family, our Grand Daughter Holly was born at 2am on Friday morning almost two weeks early and weighing in at a respectable 7lb 4oz and a head of lovely dark hair and not just because I am her Nanna I might add but she is absolutely gorgeous a little rose bud : )
so here is a photo of her taken yesterday morning after cuddles of course......
Okay if I can stop myself brooding over this little darling and being all cooey and gooey  then I might be able to show you what I have been up to with these lovely IndigoBlu stamps "Here comes Santa", yet another must have set of Christmas stamps. The background was created with Distress Inks Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire, the trees, sentiment and Santa's sleigh have all been stamped with Archival black, the moon and sentiment have been embossed with Versamark and clear powder and the snowflake border has been embossed with silver powder. The die cut snowflakes are from a Cuttlebug Die and I used a Quickie glue pen and added some glitter to the trees and background.
On this second card I made using the same stamps I have stamped the snowflake border in black Archival then coloured in with Distress inks Shabby Shutters and Peacock Feathers, the Christmas tree and presents  have been embossed in silver powder and then coloured once again with the ink pads.I have added glitter to the background and tree with the glue pen but this photo does not show it very well at all

I think that I had better get a move on and get a card made for our new arrival, yes I'm a little late I can here you all say but she was a little early, not due for a couple of weeks and of course you always think you have plenty of time lol! NOT!
Sheilahg x

2 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful cards Sheilagh but an even more beautiful grand daughter. Many congratulations to all. No wonder you are gooey! :)

Edna x

Christine B. said...

Hi Sheilagh Congratulations your little grand daughter Holly is beautiful. Your cards are great as well. Hugs x ChrisB