MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 13 October 2014

In The Forest - with Woodware's Bare Tree

That time of week again so Hello to all!  Hope you've all had a good weekend mine was so so, had a good day with my Sis-in-law on Saturday and on Sunday my playtime was cut very short with the arrival of our youngest grandson who had been deposited for the afternoon and into the evening so you can guess that I didn't get much of anything accomplished so I had to carry on this morning in between the mundane Monday chores lol! Anyway all has been completed despite the threat of a headache hanging on I think it's time for more tablets as I have been suffering with the arthritis in my neck, could be due to the change in the weather it does seem to affect me that way.  Moving On  lol! before I go stiff altogether !!

This week we are in the Forest and have Bare Tree's two sets of stamps that go together and both from Woodware.  I think you could make some really nice cards from these two sets whether they are just Autumn or Winter type cards and of course perfect for the Xmas cards as well...................................

OK so I chose to do Xmas this time and here is a look at what I came up with for us to make this week.

Card one is a 7x7.

The background panel has first been stamped with the Tree's in Clear Ink and embossed with White Powder.
The next step was to colour the background with my Distress Ink's, I used Spun Sugar, Faded Jeans, a little Chipped Sapphire and lastly Dusty Concord.
I then stamped the trees again with a warm grey, I used my Adirondack Slate. The snowflakes have been stamped in clear ink and embossed with Wow White Twinkle Powder.

The snow effect is Fluffy Stuff by Woodware and Stickles Glitter Glue on top.




 The Winter Wishes comes from the Forest Stamp set and the Stag is a Classiques Christmas Die from Crafters Companion.

Onto card two, this is A4 gate fold.

First I stamped the Tree's in Black Versafine and embossed in Clear Powder.
I then used the Hessian embossing folder on the two front panels before colouring with Distress Ink's Iced Spruce, Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord.
Next the bird stamps have been added to each panel and they come with the tall Bare Tree stamp set.
To finish the wintry look I added some Fluffy Stuff and glitter to the bare branches.





As you can see I have decided to complete the card by decorating the inside. The same colour of inks has been used to stamp the tree's and a sentiment from the Bare Tree set has been added to a die cut panel for the centre.


Well I think that is everything for now and judging by the leaves that are falling out side my window at this moment in time it won't be too long before we all have bare tree's to look at will it now don't you agree................................

See you later   : )  and don't forget your woollies it's getting colder out there!!

No comments: