MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 6 October 2014

A Corner to put the Poinsettia in- -or as Woodware say Poinsettia Corner.

Hi! everyone, just managed to get things in order for this week after my busy weekend demoing in Ramsbottom and gosh am I tired now! but hey ho! it's got to be done even if I do enjoy it now and again lol!

I will make this short and sweet for this week and nothing too taxing as my brain (or what's left of it) is a little low on cell's and good old brain power as I think it might have been drained over the last few weeks, in other words over worked and lets face it that's not difficult in my case lol!

Here we go then........ onto our class for this week..................... Poinsettia Corner from Woodware.
it's a lovely big stamp and you don't need much more on your cards it does a good job all on it's own as you will see, but that's just my opinion and of course you could really go to town and add lots more to it if that's what you wanted to do either way it is a good stamp to have in your stash and I do think that it could be used for other occasions like Autumn and Winter type cards that don't have to be about the Christmas season they just need a different sentiment and Bob's your Uncle! O Oh! said I would make this a short post..... sorry folks...... get carried away.

Right here's what I did, card one is 8x8 square.

 The background has been embossed with the Die'sires Music folder and I have gone around the edges with just a little Old Paper Distress Ink.

The Poinsettia has been stamped in Black Versafine and embossed with Clear Powder.
I then used my water brush and painted the flower with Distress Inks Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters.


I used two colours of Stickles Glitter Glue - Star Dust & Lime Green on the flower and the berries.



 Sorry but the light was so bad when I took these photo's. If you click on a photo it should enlarge so you should see the glitter a little better.
 Next card is a 7x7 and I did the same as in the first card but this time I have distressed the background with Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves using my cut n dry foam pad.
The Poinsettia has been stamped and embossed three times and then decoupaged, I did the same with the first card.
I have painted in the flower using the same inks as the background but this time I added a White Marker Pen to highlight the berries.


Well I said it would be a quick post today and I wouldn't want to dissapoinsettia now would I   LOL!!!!

See you soon  x

Sheilagh  : )

No comments: