MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 27 October 2014

Robin's Got His Hat On

Hey how's everyone today? Hope you had a good weekend, mine was rather busy once again and it will be the same for me next week as well.  As you might gather I had a demo day which was a little bit last minuet I guess you could say and I have to say it went really well, thank you to all the lovely ladies who came along we all enjoyed ourselves and a good day was had by all.....not to mention that the Christmas deck's were on display and they looked wonderful in all their array of many different colours and sparkly too  : )

Anyway won't be too long before we are all digging our own deck's out will it?????
So to carry on in that wintry theme I have used a rather cute little stamp from Stampendous this week and he is known as the Bird in the Hat. As you can see he is a Robin and I have coloured him in using the more traditional colours of the season.

Card one is a 7x7 Square.





The Robin has been stamped in Brown Memento Ink and then coloured in with my pencils and finished with my Blending Pen.


Both the red and grey backgrounds have been embossed with two of Sheena's Embossing Folders and a little Gold Gilding Wax has been added.
The Poinsettia is a Chloe Stamp and has been embossed in Gold Powder on top of Clear Ink.






I have added some Red Stickles Glitter Glue to the bobbles on his hat.












The sentiment has been stamped in Black Versafine Ink and embossed in Clear Powder.

Forgot to mention I have added some Fluffy Stuff  from Woodware to the area where the Robin is standing but I took my photo before I had used it  Sorry !


In this photo you can see the difference between stamping the image in Black and the Brown Inks.



Distress Inks..... 
Festive Berries
Mowed Lawn
Peeled Paint
Iced Spruce
 Card two is a 6x6.

I have stamped the background with the two green colours of Distress inks using a Chloe Stamp.




The Post Box is a Classiques Die from Crafters Companion cut from red card stock and highlighted with the gold Gilding Wax.


This time I stamped the Robin in Black Versafine and embossed in Clear Powder. He has been coloured in as before with the pencils.
I have then die cut him out and distressed around the die with the Festive Berries Ink.
I added Diamond Stickles to the bobbles this time but you can use any colour you like.



Below is a photo of the colours I used for the colouring in.
I Will see you all at the classes hope you all have a good week.

I would especially like you ask you all if you might spare a special thought this week for a friend of mine who has had some bad news and I would like her to know that I'm thinking of her and my love I'm sending to her with a massive big HUG !! xxxxxxx

Sheilagh x

No comments: