MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 12 January 2015

**2015** Make a Note in it ** Ring Board Book

Here we go, the start of another new year and may I wish everyone a very Happy New Year !
I thought for our first class of 2015 (and I still can't believe how fast it has arrived) that we would do something a little different instead of the usual cards so we will be making a Ring Board Book that could be used for a birthday reminder / calendar note book with a faux leather cover, hope that description makes some sense but all shall be revealed when I show you exactly what I have been up to.
The Ring Board Books come as a set of three in different shapes so you could use them all together as one project or split them into three and make them all different and I must say they are such a fantastic buy and totally inexpensive and I for one would like to make more and give them as gift's maybe instead of those special birthday cards we all have to do on occasion. Well I guess you all would like to see what on earth I'm going on about lol!



Hope you like it!

 







As you can see I have used the Glycerin mixed in water to wet my Kraft card and this makes it pliable.














 Once the Kraft card has been embossed in the folder (and if you have a favorite one you would like to use then by all means bring it with you) then colour is applied using Distress Inks Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade and  Seedless Preserves.

 


 In the photo above you can see that I have cut my cover to match the book board, this is done for both the back and front.
 The next step is to cover with Spray & Shine and this helps to protect and strengthen and also gives it a real leather look.



The rest of the book is very straightforward I have made 6 pages 2 months per page. Background paper has been used to decorate the inside and a small calendar added for good measure.





Don't know what's going on but I'm having huge trouble with Mr  Blogger today he's not playing nice so me thinks we will have to cut short our post as I have now been trying for hours now and it's going dark.

I used different colours of D I's to stamp the swirl corners on each page, 6 in total you can use any colours you prefer, and wet glue for the inside covers tacky or collall all purpose, I tried both.

You may want to bring your own heat tool as drying time is a little longer than normal.



Typical! First post of the new year and  it's going wrong hope this isn't a sign of things to come 😢

Oh! That's it can't cope any more, it's driving me mad so see you all soon.
PS  if you look at the photo's if they are still showing then you will see what I have used x
Here goes press the publish button and fingers crossed.........

No comments: