MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 16 March 2015

Have Wings - Will Fly. With Imagination Crafts.


Hi All!
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend
Especially you mum's on Mothers Day.
It was just the norm at ours only with flowers loll!
I had to cook the Sunday lunch for everyone else in between crafting with grandchildren and trying to finish the cards for class, nothing new there then.
Now enough complaining let's move on with our class for this week and we have some very nice new stamps to us from Imagination Crafts.
They are really nice to work with and lend themselves perfectly to a bit of decoupage, this makes them very versatile indeed.


As you can see the first card is 8x8 in size.

I have stamped the image in Clear Ink and Embossed with White Powder onto black cardstock.


The Dragonflies have been painted with some Mica Powders mixed with a tiny amount of water.


The background is white card which I painted with Black Gesso then once dry embossed in my Brick wall folder, slightly sanded and Silver Gilding Wax applied.











Card two is 6x6 and as you can see I have stamped the image out there times with Black Versatfine and embossed with Clear Powder.


I chose three colours of my Distress inks and put them onto a piece of white card to see how they would look together, these are the colours I used.

Peacock Feathers, Festive Berries and Mustard Seed.



Here you can see I have coloured each layer after the embossing stage.


Then cut away the sections that I didn't want. I did use my craft knife for the middle layer.
I applied some Crystal Glitter with my Quickie Glue Pen to the Butterfly wings before putting the layers together.





The yellow background is just white card coloured with Mustard Seed and my new best blending tool then dried and embossed with the Script folder.







The outer edge of the base card has been stamped with a lavender/pale purple ink pad and a stamp from the Dragonfly set.



Loving this Dragonfly set, they make great individual embellishments once cut out away from the background. They would look fabulous on acetate and glittered.






Think that's just about it for now except you might want to bring your heat tool and a flat paint brush to paint the black gesso with.

Ok. See you soon x. Sheilagh x

No comments: