MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 23 March 2015

Shabby Chic Chalkboard - Craftwork Cards

 Good morning all, hope it's brighter where you are as it is wet and dismal here such a change it's  hard to believe we had a beautiful day yesterday and now look at it, not to worry at least for those of us who are fortunate enough to be at home it's a good day to craft.
This week we'll be making two cards using the very pretty papers from the Chalkboard Paper Pad brought to us by Craftwork Cards and I have to tell you these papers are such good quality. In each pack you get the paper pad which is 8x8 inches in size (36 pages in 6 designs) along with a whole host of toppers, die cuts, sentiments and a bag of matching Candi, all that for under £10 great value !

As you can see the papers mix and match perfectly together as they are designed to do taking the stress away from trying to match up colours that means your card making becomes more of a pleasure to enjoy.


This card is 8x8.
All I had to do was choose the pattern paper and decide on a layout and as you can see the only other thing needed was to do a little die cutting.

In the close up photo you will see I have used my circle dies and my floral die's both from Xcut.


The sentiment I cut from black card with my free alphabet die that came with issue 15 of the Tattered Lace magazine, these cut really well and they are of a decent size. I glued them onto the die cut with my dries clear Collall Tacky glue.

Card two is 8x8 made from 2 A4 sheets of white cardstock, scored at 1" and 2" at each end.

The front part of the card has been embossed in an A4 folder then die cut using one of the free dies that comes with the Cut-n-Boss die cutting machine.
When I had put the card together I added some pink, red and blue glitter glue to the flowers.
The decorative boarder at the top and the beautiful bike at the bottom have both been cut from one of the pages from the pad.


I added in some die cut foliage to the left corner using the white card cut from the center of the front and my Wildflower Trio Die'sire dies.





The sentiment was stamped in black Versatfine and embossed in clear powder.




Here is a photo of the dies and the glitters that were used.
I seem to have forgotten to include the Floral dies when taking this photo so I will just tell you that they are called Petal Posy large dies from Xcut.

Ok think that should cover everything so let's see you will be cutting out, die cutting, embossing, stamping and gluing and sticking......... nothing different there then lo,!!
See you soon x. Sheilagh   : )

No comments: