MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 13 July 2015

Cherry Blossom Elements from John Lockwood

Hello on this rather wet Monday and it's positively dreary hear in our little corner of the north west but at least we've had some sunny weather lets hope it's back with us soon.
Sorry I've been away this past week but my arthritis has been on the move and left me with a really bad back and now it's affecting my hips so I'll keep on taking the tablets and hope it will settle down soon if not depart altogether lol ! I should be so lucky like that would ever happen, think I've more chance of winning the lottery, any way let's move on from that I don't want to feel depressed as well, just keep smiling my mum used to say and get on with it, how right she was.

I don't know how many of you saw John Lockwood's demonstration recently at Crafty Knits and I have to say what a top bloke he really is, so we thought we would try out one of his new range of stamp sets and it's called Cherry Blossom and has some really nice sentiments with it, lets see what you think and take a look at the cards for this week..........




Just thought I would show you the two Tattered Lace dies I have used for embellishments.



The inks are Tumbled Glass and Pumice Stone.


The Butterfly embossing folder is from Die'sires range - Crafters Companion.



The inks for this card are Ripe Persimmon and Spun Sugar only I forgot to add it before I took my photo. As you can see I have also used my Black Versatfine and Clear Powder.

The sentiment and Sweet Pea dies have been cut from black cardstock.




Both cards are 8x8 in size.



On this card I used a different Die'sire embossing folder and this time I painted in some of the design with my Spun Sugar ink then added a touch of glitter glue to each flower.

The Striplet die is one we have used before and it's by Sue Wilson.

The main image has been painted with some of my sparkle paints from Imagination Crafts. These have also been used on the panel behind the Striplet die.








Don't know if you can see the sparkle in the flowers, it might help if you enlarge the photo.
I



This is a work in progress so to speak as I didn't get chance to take a photo of the finished item so if I can I'll add one later.
Don't worry it does look better finished.



Here's the set of stamps we will be using this week.

That's all for now will come back later and post a proper picture of the second card.

See you all soon, try and keep dry lol ! x

P S. forgot to mention that I have coloured the cherry blossom with my watercolor pens but you can use whatever you choose, I have kept the colours to turquoise, aqua and a hint if any of purple.

Here's an update for the second card.........



As promised photo of card two.
Think it would look much better if I had used a stronger coloured ribbon but couldn't find one so I might change it before class.

On the left in the photo you can just see that I have used some Diamond Sparkles Silver glitter and I applied it with my Quickie glue pen. 

No comments: