MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 27 July 2015

Poppies - Sheena Style

Good afternoon to you all, hope everyone is well and raring to go as we will be getting back into the crafty swing of things this week. I decided to be good and not make your crafty class too stressful so there's only a little bit of die cutting, a touch of painting and of course a small amount of inking to be done and hey presto you will have made a couple of cards in no time at all ......... loll!

Okay so this week I have used the free set of dies and stamps from the Crafter's Inspiration magazine Issue 7 Summer Edition, in other words the one with the Poppies in.
Our first project I made is a construction card and is something very new and only just launched at the weekend and it's made from one of the Accordion dies by Crafter's Companion so I thought you might like to try it out. They have released four different shapes but we will be using the Oval die to create a different style of card for very little effort and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Theses dies definitely provide a new concept to our card making and also you can buy different Overlay Dies that have been designed to embellish the cards even further and create a perfect finish.
Although I have used the poppy stamp on both cards I have kept one clean and simple and on the other I have  much more colour involved, hope you like them. 


Here are the stamps, inks and paints that I used.

Shabby Shutters , Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Squeezed Lemonade and Ripe Persimmon. Black Versatfine.



Also used a couple of the Starlight paints and an orange Aqua Tint.


 



Paint brushes but not a water brush as you have more control with a dry brush.






I used Fired Brick Distress Stain to colour the red poppies.





The oval panels have been embossed in a Script folder and inked with the Shabby Shutters pad.


Love the way these poppies have turned out.







I added just a touch of Starlight paint to the background and the petals of each flower, think you can just about see it if you enlarge the photo.


See you soon, I'm off out to take my daughter for her birthday tea.x

No comments: