MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 29 June 2015

Something Oriental - An Orchid from Marianne

Evening everyone gosh it's still rather warm and the sun is about to set, think it's about to get even hotter this week as the weather app on my phone is saying 26 degrees for tomorrow think I might melt or just go into meltdown loll! Hope we can keep our cool during the classes this week. Could do with an easy time for the next few days at least after having an upset this weekend which I don't want to be repeated anytime soon.
Let's just move on swiftly now as I have to be honest and say that I had to cram everything into today to get even the simplest of crafting done and fit for class purpose so I hope you will forgive me as I think this beautiful little set of dies from Marianne Designs deserves a lot more than the effort I have put in, they look nothing at all in the package but once you have cut them they are so pretty and life like but that won't come across in the photo's unfortunately. I think that they could be made into something stunning and would most definitely use them over and over again................
So for this week's cards one 8x8 and a 6x6



Oriental by Nature
This is the6x6 card.

I have used Distress Inks Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade.

Fine tip black pen.
Just a touch of Gold Gilding Wax and my Lantern die from Die'sires by CC.


This is the 8x8 card.

The background has been inked with the Spun Sugar and highlighted with Pumice Stone D. Ink.

Once the Orchid was die cut from white card stock I inked the flowers with Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and a hint of Seedless Preserve.

The sentiment die comes from Crafters Companion.




Just a couple of photo's this week, however I can tell you that the cards did get the sister-in-law approval award this afternoon, she liked the flowers so much she is now going to buy the dies for herself so they've got to be good loll!


See you soon
I think that I will have an early night so it's off to bed for me and maybe I'll feel better for it tomorrow.

Sheilagh x

No comments: