MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 5 October 2015

Seasons Greetings or Merry Christmas - with Sue and Sara

Good afternoon to all, hope the weather is brightening up where you are it was quite miserable and wet this morning for us but it's dried up now however there's still a lot of clouds about. Going to make this post short and sweet as I want to try and achieve some form of order in my craft room so that means much tidying is required before I can attempt any more sample making for my next demo in a couple of weeks time with the very new collections from Sara Davies Festive Wonder and Butterfly Lullaby which I have to say are both yummy so I'd better get a move on.
As you will see I have used a couple of the sentiment die's from the Festive Wonder range and teamed them up with a rather beautiful Poinsettia Mini Striplet die from Sue Wilson's Festive range. I really enjoyed using this die and I'm sure that it could well be used for lots of other cards and not just Christmas, think I will have to add this one to my stash.
So let's see what you all think, I found it a dream to use..................

This is an 8x8 card and I have die cut the Striplet from Kraft card and embossed each panel then added some Renaissance Gold Gilding Wax with a piece of Cut n Dry foam.





The centre panel has been embossed in the Snow Flurry folder from Sara's Signature Collection and so is the Merry Christmas die cut



Card two is also an 8x8

I have chosen the Red Starlight paint to create a border backdrop and again behind the poinsettia die.


The large panel has been embossed in an A4 folder.










The Seasons Greetings is another die from the Signature range but this time I have painted it with Black Starlight paint after die cutting as this avoids wasting your paint.
The outer frame around the poinsettia's is mounted on a double layer of foam pads but the panel itself is glued down flat.









As usual both cards look much nicer and more colourful in real time.
Hope you like them.


Before I finish can I just say that my thoughts are with one of our lovely ladies today whose husband passed away this morning after being poorly in hospital, just wanted to say we are all thinking of you and sending our condolences.
Sheilagh

No comments: