MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 22 February 2016

Scripted Clematis Down Under - Sydney no less !

Greetings to all, hope you've all had a good weekend mine was extremely hectic but very enjoyable. Up early on Saturday morning to take my friends to a local craft event for the day but unfortunately we were missing an important member of our group as my poor sis - in - law was suffering from that horrendous flu virus and had to stay in bed, so Patricia when you're  better and read this as I know you do look in on my blog hope you get well soon and if it makes you feel any better you didn't miss much this time as I'm sure you will get the lowdown on it at some point and in my opinion it was a much smaller show than ever before and we came home several hours earlier than normal, can you believe it!! Never heard of before but none the less we weren't all that impressed.
Anyhow that's enough said about Saturday, yesterday I was up at the crack of dawn (5.30) and it was still dark outside. I drove to meet Louise and Ian at the shop for Severn a.m. and off we went to the Trade Show at the NEC in Birmingham, at this point I am pleased to report that we had no major incidents this time just in case you were all wondering and Louise I admire you for not even having one drink of coffee before we left lol !!!!!!!!! But you did make up for it later on in the day lol!
No more gossip for the moment or I'll forget about the important stuff.
There's a clue in the title for this week's classes, maybe I should just tell you and not keep you guessing, Dies by Sue Wilson Australian Collection - Sydney and the stamp is Scripted Clematis which matches the die set.


Distress ink pads.
Antique Linen
Stormy Sky
Clear


White Embossing Powder
Black Versafine


New Pearl Starlight Paint

Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops Neptune





I have made a border on one of the panels using my Red liner tape and Iced Snow Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels.





The base card is an 8x8 and the larger background panel has been embossed and colour applied with my Antique Linen ink pad.




I haven't added a sentiment as yet but I think this style of card would cover quite a lot of different occasions.












Card two is a 5x7.
I have used the Stormy Sky this time and teamed it up with Navy and White.

I did add a very small amount of the new Pearl Starlight paint around the edges of the panels with a piece of Cut and Dry foam just to give a more subtle highlight.





You just might be able to see it in this photo.

(Click on the pictures if you need to enlarge them)






That's just about it for this week so I will see you all soon.

May I just  say what a good day we had at the Trade Show it was a very long day and we must of walked miles but it certainly proved worth it as there was an abundance of laughter and maybe a touch of Prosecco involved especially at the end of the show when we attended the Awards ceremony, it was fun but I'll have to tell you all about that later  :-O

Thanks Louise and Ian for taking me x
Sheilagh

(p.s. it must of been the bubbles and the fact you won first prize in the raffle) : )

1 comment:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

two very beautiful cards , I've pinned them both . janex