MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 8 February 2016

Simply Floral - docrafts Papermania

Good morning everyone is it really Monday already? I have had the busiest three days of demoing ever as I was at the Event City craft show last week from Thursday till Saturday and it was none stop I can tell you, much busier than most people expected it to be, so busy I didn't even get the chance to go and have a look around so poor me didn't pick up any goodies for myself lol. Everyone I spoke to was having a brilliant time and trust me when I say that was hundreds and hundreds of crafters all eager to get a barging or just to add to their crafty stashes (that would be everyone then!) at some points through each of the days you just couldn't move it was so crowded, I was demoing for Samuel Taylors with the Sparkle pens and boy they were going like hot cakes everybody loved them so much so they had to get more stock in for day two. Even some of the other demonstrators came and bought them as they were really impressed with the results, so I know who is going to be happy little bunnies after they got home to have a play.  Well I could go on and on about it but it would take me all day so I had better tell you what's happening in class this week instead.
I have made a 7x7 card and also a 5x7  and I have used these lovely 12x12 Floral Papers from Docrafts Papermania, I teamed them up with the free stamps from the Crafter's Inspiration magazine that we used last time as I think that they work together well, you can't beat rosés and butterflies and just looking out of the window I'm wishing that time of year would hurry up.
Let's just take a look and see if you agree!
 The papers in the pack come in a range of different colour ways and designs.

I chose a large rose design for this card.
I have cut the backgrounds with my circle dies and stamped and embossed the butterflies onto a matching paper with a smaller design.




There are quite a few different colours of  this design which I think was by far my personal favorite.

On card two I decided to die cut the front for a different look so I have cut out a panel from the papers and also the front of the card as well.

I used a piece of the striped paper on the front and the corresponding paper on the inside.

Again the butterflies have been made from the leftover papers.



 As you can see these cards are relatively easy to make but I think that the papers make them look a bit more special and having so many in the pack you could make an awful lot all at once in no time at all, great if you make cards for craft fairs, charity etc.



Here's what I used for the cards, you can check the paper packs out at the shop.


See you soon x I'm off now as I have to make a sympathy card, one of my close friends has just lost her mum and I know what she is going through (Angela you are in my thoughts xx) also more samples are required for my next demo this coming Saturday, no rest for the wicked then ! What? housework who said that, just ignore it lol.

Sheilagh

No comments: