MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 13 April 2016

In the Downton Abbey Decor Fashion

Hello here we are again and I hope you are all enjoying this lovely sunshine unlike me as I'm busy crafting my way to the next demo day this coming Saturday at Crafty Knits in Chorley so if you're free then come along and join us as there is sure to be lots of laughter and no doubt a little mayhem in the midst of our crafty event.
Well as this weeks title suggests we are visiting Downton in our card classes and I have to say I am really loving these dies and I have only just begun to use them so that's a good sign for me.
Our first card is a little different and I would imagine it could be made into a card for any occasion which proves to be very useful in deed.  I started with a 7x7 square card and then die cut this rather beautiful and quite substantial Downton Décor panel from black cardstock which I have to tell you cut like a dream. Next I got my Waxes and worked on the panel and hey presto instant inspiration.



Clear Ink pad
Clear Powder
Black Versafine
Pumice Stone Distress ink
Silver Pebeo Gilding Wax
Coral Reef Alchemy Wax
Mini blending egg
Fine round paint brush





I have used two of the  bow dies from the Downton Abbey range as my main embellishment and two small panels from the Ornate Rectangle Frame set.

Here we have a selection of colours from the Starlight paints to create a background onto which the beautiful Downton Décor panel can be added.

I did however use my Vintage Sparkle Pens to make the background in this card but the Starlight paints will work just as well so you can have the option if you want to use your own pens that's fine.



Think this photo is a little blurry it could be a reflection on the gliding wax.





Now onto card two.
So sweet and petite the base card has been cut from the new Ornate Oval Frame, as like all the frame sets they make such cute little cards and are super easy to do.
I teamed them up with the stamp set from Sara's Floral range as they go perfectly together



Well that's me finished for now I don't think lol! Back to the die cutting, so many dies need to be set free from their packaging but which to choose next ????????????
Think I should pop the kettle on it's going to be a very long day.
See you soon  x

No comments: