MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 20 April 2016

All about the Textures

Morning folks, hey! the sun is out and once again  I'm off to take classes and won't get to see much of it but it's nice to know that it's shining and gives us that feel good factor to start the day.
Something a little different for this week and less taxing, I have decided to get the good old texture embossing folders out and what better than to team them up with the Pebeo Gilding Waxes, all three colours that is....... and hey presto a very easy make with the WOW! impact, couldn't be any better.
The Embossing folders are the Texture folders from Crafters Companion and there is a quite a few to choose from so I  decided to use four or five for our class this week, and of course the essential black card.  keeping it simple is this weeks key so I chose to die cut a Dragonfly or two as my extra embellishments ( you could use a butterfly or a flower if you don't fancy the dragonfly)
The card I have just described is of course an 8x8 Square and the next is going to be a 6x6 again a simple theme for this one is also in order.
One the second card I have used an embossing folder and Distress inks Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo I also added in to the mix Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Forest Moss. I think by using these colours it gives the card a slight vintage feel.
OK I'm off to work now so I'll post the photo's later today.
See you later x
Just a couple of photo's to give you an idea, I decided to add in some coloured Alchemy Waxes to the finished card as it looked a tad dark.













You might want to bring some Cut n Dry foam to apply the Waxes,

No comments: