MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Thursday 7 April 2016

Saucer Flowers on an Easel

Hello on this very wet and windy day, what a week I've had but no time to moan or should I say tell you about it so lets get straight to the important stuff. This week I have used a Woodware set of stamps called Saucer Flowers and to go with them I decided to revive my tiny pots of good old Mica Paints to colour these rather unusual shaped flowers. I have made a 6x6 box which the easel card strands on top of and created my backgrounds with Distress ink pads and a touch of Imagination Crafts Alchemy Waxes. To complete the look I was after I have embossed the box with my 8x8 Pebbles Texture folder.
You can choose any colours you prefer to create your box card and any design of folder as long as it is 8x8 or A4 in size.
Finally I have used the Dragonfly stamp from the free set that came with the last issue of the Inspiration magazine to create my embellishments from. They have been stamped onto acetate with Black Versafine ink and embossed in clear powder. I then coloured them on the reverse with my Starlight paints. If you don't fancy the Dragonflies you can use the Butterfly stamp instead.






Here's a couple of photo's to give you an idea of the colours you could be making but if you want just bring the colours you prefer  to use and a couple of blending tools.

You will need a fine round paint brush to paint your flowers and Dragonflies and also an anti-static bag.

If you don't have any of the Mica Paints don't worry we have quite a few colours you can use in class.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures I'm still having trouble with my tablet and now my phone and I need to get it sorted as soon as I get chance.

See you soon x

No comments: