MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Can You Smell the Roses

Afternoon everybody, well it seems we are back to normality well at least for now but hey! we all know that won't last for too long and we all need to get to grips with our Christmas card making at some point but not this week. Back to July for us and what better way then for everything round us to be Rosie, well in class at least and this lovely Striplet Rose stamp and Roll up Rose die make a good team when used together. Of course the Stamp is from the Singles range by Sue Wilson and this fab little die which creates the beautiful roses from Sara's English Country Garden collection and are so easy to make.
No point in dragging things out as both these products speak for themselves as you will see......











I started this week with a 7x7 card base and decided to make a background with the lovely Striplet stamp but as you can see it has turned into a frame which by coincidence the stamp works perfectly for this purpose, I have stamped in Clear Ink and Embossed in White powder onto white cardstock.







Here are a selection of goodies I have used in the making of both cards for our next classes.

Distress inks Spun Sugar, Chipped Sapphire and Cracked Pistachio.
A Clear ink pad and White Embossing Powder.

Memento inks Nautical Blue and Paris Dusk,

Ocean Teal Gilding Polish.

Anti-Static bag and A piece of Cut and Dry foam.

Blending Smoothies.




I have added a die cut sentiment from Silver mirror card and stamped the smaller sentiment in the Nautical Blue ink.



Before die cutting the leaves with one of Sheena's dies I coloured white card with a tiny amount of Pixie Powder (I used two different colours for this)

I did use a touch of my Clear Sparkle Pen to the leaves and Roses but you could use the Pearl Gilding polish instead, after doing this I then highlighted the embossing on the leaves with the Nautical Blue ink and cut and dry foam.





Die cut leaves with Clear Sparkle Pen.

Forgot to mention that you need to use a wet dries clear glue for the roses, I used my Collall Tacky glue.




Card two is again on a 7x7 card base but I may change it to an 8x8.

The decorative panel has been die cut from the Sue Wilson Australian Collection Background dies and the center panel is the Rose stamped in Clear ink and then embossed with this beautiful Arctic Lake Cosmic Shimmer Powder which is absolutely Scrumptious and pearly up close you can just about see it in the photo (click on the photo to enlarge)










I simply love this embossing powder, think I'm going to need more colours in it!!!
(Whoooo! Christmas cards with it) sorry couldn't resist lol!




This time I used my Pearl Gilding polish onto the roses and a touch of Chipped Sapphire on the leaves which by the way are stamped and embossed with the same powder as the background panel.



Hope you like this week's cards the colours are much nicer in real time, I enjoyed making them, thanks for dropping by.


See you later x

Sheilagh

No comments: