MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 20 July 2016

A Rose by any other Name, Christmas or not !

Good afternoon hope you are all enjoying a bit of sunshine as I am, looking through my window wishing I was outside right now instead of talking out loud to my tablet with only the cat to hear me, just as well really as I seem to have done nothing but complain about how much my back is hurting me today so typical the sun shines and the breeze is warm and I'm stuck indoors although I did manage to pop down the allotment at 6.30 this morning to rescue my extremely dry tomato, pepper and cucumber plants and treat them to a nice long cool drink of water. Hope they appreciate it and reward me generously lol!  Anyway lets get on to class this week as I really don't feel like staring over this tablet for too long it just makes my back ache more "Woe is me'' come on all together now........... poor you.......... why thank you kindly.
It would appear that we will be carrying on the roses theme this week with yet another but different set of matching stamps and dies from Creative Expressions and with these sets they have the added bonus of being for both Christmas and none Christmas projects.  Ha! how do ya like that??? got the C word in twice and both in the same sentence!   Both cards this week I have made into Xmas cards but by changing the colour and the Holly leaves for the normal rose leaf die which you get in the set of dies then you have the makings of an any occasion card therefore the best of all seasons.




Distress inks
Squeezed Lemonade
Mowed Lawn
Festive Berries
Black Soot


Memento ink London Fog






Perfect Medium or Versamark




Christmas Die'sires Embossing folders






Distress inks
Weathered Wood
Stormy Sky

Silver Embossing Powder


The panel die is from Sue Wilson's
Australian Collection - Background


I have stamped and embossed the flowers with the silver powder then painted them with my Tonic Crystal Drops and a fine round paint brush





I used silver glitter for the centers




Before I go on I must say that both cards are short of a nice sentiment but I just couldn't find my word dies or the right stamp to use


I have die cut the flowers then used the Memento ink to over stamp the detail, it was so easy to do as they match up really well


If you don't like the colours in this card then feel free to bring different ones to the class




Just for a more Christmas look I added a die cut Reindeer from Crafters Companion
which I inked through with the Black Soot








All done for now so see you soon x

Sheilagh

No comments: