MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 6 July 2016

Feeling Festive in July - Snow Globe from Creative Expressions

Well I guess its that time so hello to everybody and brace yourselves as I am actually going to use the C word and it is definitely for the first time this year but I bet it won't be the last. By a much popular demand and as those who already come to our classes know that we did decide earlier this year to add in a few  cards at random which would involve elements that would most definitely relate to that special time of year known to us as the  wonderful season of celebration of the holiday variety....... yes you've got it I'm talking Summer Holidays NOT!  LOL! its CHRISTMAS.......... so now here for you our first Christmas card class in July.
I have kicked off our winter season with this lovely set of dies by Sue Wilson, Snow Globe and Cottage Snow Scene both from her Festive Collection.




As you can see in the photo I have used the Starlight paints Silver, Mediterranean Sky and Platinum.

Tea Dye , Weathered Wood and Antique Linen.

Pearl Gilding polish.



I have embossed a background which I made with Kraft card painted with White Gesso in my Snowflake embossing folder then highlighted with the Pearl Gilding polish.


Glue pen and Glamour dust added to the Village scene and snowflakes.








You can see where I have used the Antique Linen ink to colour and the sentiment is stamped in Tea Dye


I used some of my own snowflake dies from my stash to compliment the snow globe, 
 5x7 card base.


This time I have made the snow globe into a shaker card by adding in one of the plastic domes that go with this die, inside the dome are some glitters and some micro beads.

The Weathered Wood ink plus the Starlight paints have been used on this card.

To embellish I have used the snowflake and the Star Spray die also from Sue Wilson.



You may just be able to see the glitters resting in the bottom of the dome and all that's needed now is to find a center piece for my snowflake.


See you soon, hope you're feeling a little Festive now  lol !


No comments: