MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 27 May 2013

Going Oriental - Elegant Gifts from Hunkydory


Hello, hope you've all had a lovely weekend.
Well that's another Bank Holiday over and done with and quite a wet one for us here today unlike yesterday when it was glorious sunshine all day long which I hasten to add that I spent most of it in my gardening gloves  with trowel and spade in hand, yes you've guessed it down on the allotment cleaning out my greenhouse and emptying all tubs etc ready for the next lot which should already have been planted by now, curse that darn weather I say!! that and not enough hours in a week. Well it was all worth it and we managed to get loads done but as always there's still lots to do, isn't there always????
Back to the craft room before I get carried away and the important stuff, these next cards have been made with stamps from Hunkydory's Elegant Gifts and I have to tell you that there are quite a lot of stamps on this one set ranging from cute cat's to oriental, handbags and shoes not forgetting birds and a cage...... plus more.
I decided to stick with the Geisha girl for our next cards and I have used darker colours in a blue and red theme.....
On this C5 card I have used a Chipped Sapphire Distress ink pad, clear embossing powder, Versamark pen, blue vellum, small crystals and blue and silver Card Candi.
The sentiments both come from the same stamp set as all the other images.
(Hunkydory)







The leaves have been punched and embossed (using blue vellum) with an Xcut leaf Punch.
I have also used some clear embossing powder to highlight the parasol.



 On this 6x6 card I have used Chipped Sapphire and Fired Brick D.I.pads. The flowers and words have been stamped in black Versafine, small pearls have been added to the centre of each flower and the Geisha girl has been stamped in Fired Brick and embossed in clear powder.
The moon has been covered with a glue pen and crystal glitter...
Simple but Elegant with a touch of Oriental..
 Gosh!! I seem to feel rather stiff now since I have been sat here chatting to you all must try and remove myself from this chair before I take root, Oh easier said than done!!!........ OH! my aching bones, must be tablet time lol!
See you soon x
Sheilagh  : 0

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh wow how much I love these, great work, I love any thing with Chinese items, thank you so much for sharing. I myself don't make cards but I do have a blog on Paper Beads crafts, but I love to see creations being made like to. thank you :))