MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 16 February 2015

Wrought Iron Swirls & Honey Flower *Stockholm, Copenhagen or Oslo you choose* !

Hello, hope you all had a good weekend as I did, went to the NEC in Birmingham yesterday with Louise and Ian, we went to look round the trade show to see if there was anything new and interesting and although it was shall we say an eventful day there didn't seem to be much to shout about although I did see a couple of new products that will be coming to market in the not to distant future and of course some that have already been launched on C&C. I did bump into some of my Crafters Companion friends and team buddies including Fiona who looked extremely busy demoing the new A6 Create--a-card dies. We chatted to quite a few people including Sue Wilson and Julia Watts who were very friendly and extremely helpful, Julia was
playing with one of Creative Expressions new products which both Louise and I were quite taken with but that's for another time loll! Sorry you'll have to wait as I need to move on with our class for this week....

Honey Flower- Stamps to Die for - by Sue  Wilson.

As you can see in photo one I have stamped a background onto pearl card using Clear Ink and White Embossing Powder.
(Anti-Static bag)

I have also used my Shaded Lilac D.I. on the background and also on the die cut panel.
I did add a touch of Dusty Concord to the stamped panel.



 The main image is the Honey Flower stamp (Black Versatile, Clear Powder)




I added Purple glitter glue and some of the Cosmic Shimmer Pearl glue.

The ribbon is seam binding.




The sentiment is a stamp from Die'sires Nature set (Crafters Companion)




Onto card two.
8x8 square.

Thought we could try one of Sue's stamping techniques for this card in fact I think she may have shown this last week on the TV. I did tell her we would be doing it this week and she said "Yes this is great for a class to make" so you see we even have her approval as well as her stamp.


 Wrought Iron Swirls.

This time I have just stamped the design in Black I decided not to emboss with powder as it may prove just a touch too tricky for you as you need to stamp all three pieces of cream card at the same time, don't panic it's not as difficult as it might seem but a little tip if you are in need, just use a small piece of your low tack tape to hold them in place. All will be revealed don't worry loll!

Ok so I think I have told you just about everything for each card except I did use a couple of dies from my stash to cut the flourishes and the ivy oh and the plain panel is from a Tonic set.
See you soon x

Wait before I go I didn't tell you that after the Trade Show closed we went to the British Crafting Awards Ceremony and among quite a few companies and TV guest presenters you are all familiar with and yes even Dean was there, well Crafters Companion won a couple of categories and much merriment was to be heard on their tables I can tell you.  Well done CC.
Sheilagh : )


No comments: