MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 13 April 2015

Large Blossom - by Chloe

 Hello! hope your all well unlike me tearing my hair out with one's car that's still not back on the road after almost two weeks of replacing all manner of parts from the radiator and engine fan to the exhaust and now the back brakes it would appear that my car is still unhappy and the  hand break doesn't want to work now and that's going to cost me even more money (darn thing bleep.... bleep loll!) although I don't much feel like laughing right now as I had to have an auto election come out and fix the wiring to my heater, not to mention new wiper blades and a hole host of other things in between.
Oh well enough said on that subject lets move on before I decide to cry boo! hoo!

Cards this week are made with a Chloe stamp Large Blossom

 Both cards are 8x8 square.

In the first photo above I have stamped with Black Versafine and embossed in clear powder. Once cut out I used my Aqua pens and a paint brush to colour the blossom.
The rather pretty corner die is from issue 14 of the Tattered Lace magazine.

The frame die is one from my stash so apologies in advance as I know it's not in the shop it comes
from Crafters Companion. I have used a little bit of Tumbled glass distress ink, and if you don't have any watercolor pens then painting with distress inks works fine, (turquoise and greens).


 On card two I have used the Decadent Rose embossing folder as I thought it went well with the lovely background paper and this time I've stamped and embossed the blossom stamp with Clear ink and White Powder. I have coloured the embossed panels with Squeezed Lemonade and Tumbled Glass ink pads. The blossom this time is coloured with a yellow Aqua pen, and both flowers have had a turquoise glitter glue added to highlight the petals. I have not yet added a sentiment to this card so it's not quite finished. The background card is an A4 double sided sheet which inspired the colour scheme for both cards.



Apologies once again as the small butterfly die and sentiment stamp are also from my stash but I felt that the die cut panel needed something a little more substantial to bring everything together, if you have a sentiment that you would prefer then bring it along with you by all means.
I quite like the blossom stamp as it makes a decent sized flower which means you don't need very much of anything else to create a larger card.

That's just about it for now so I'll see you all soon x
Sheilagh.

2 comments:

pudlet said...

Hi Sheila, just to let you know I found your blog and think the cards are lovely. Thanks for the work you put in to make the classes you teach enjoyable and easy to follow. See you at class next week.

Sheilagh said...

Thankyou for your lovely comment I'm glad you enjoyed it 😊 see you soon.