MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 11 May 2015

Fancy a Cuppa? Got to have CAKE!!

Hello to you all, well after a dreary weekend it seems to be picking up a bit weather wise hope it will last as my strawberry plants are just about screaming for my attention and I've only managed to plant half of my tomatoes so far and for some reason it would seem that I have ended up with more than I thought, well more than last year anyway lol! So on reflection it might be a good time to sit down for two minutes with a well earned cuppa and decide what it is I'm going to do with them. Before I do maybe I should show you what we are going to do this week.
Well wouldn't you know it yet another delightful paper pack from Craftwork Cards to play with. Tea any one? or should I say Fancy a Cuppa! And what better than a nice tea or coffee, well it's obvious a nice tea or coffee with CAKE ! so that's just what we've got, Mmmmmmm! Cake! No not before my tea and as it's nearly that time I had better get a move on.
So here we are two cards this week one is 8x8 and the other a 6x6. Both made using these really sweet papers which also come with sheets of toppers and embellishments and not forgetting the matching Card Candi.

Distress inks Worn Lipstick and Tea Dye.

I used my alcohol pens to add some colour to my rather large cupcake and the cherry on top - caramel, pink and a red.

I


The pencils were used to add a touch of colour to the cupcakes on the smaller card


I have made a template of a cupcake then added the cake case and icing for the top which  has a little crystal glitter glue around the outside edges.







I don't know if you can quite see it but I've edged the background paper with my Quickie glue pen and crystal glitter.


I have to say after looking at these cakes for most of the afternoon I'm feeling quite hungry now, so I shall end here cause I'm off for a cuppa

See you soon x

Sheilagh
 



No comments: