MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Friendship is a sheltering Tree - Creative Expressions

Hi all, what a weekend its been for me, does anything actually go the way you want it to, well not in my case. On Saturday I had to go to Burnley to demo at the Craft Range and it was a really nice day, I have to say thank you to the lovely ladies who looked after me, Liz and Gillian and also to the very nice ladies who came to see me it was so nice to meet all of you and to see some familiar faces too. Thank you to all x
On Sunday I thought that I might be able to have a bit of a rest but I was still in need of sorting out classes and my crafting space was definitely in need of a miracle before I could continue so in my infinite wisdom I made an attempt to sort things out but in the midst of it all I had visitors no less, a surprise and unannounced visit from my oldest sister who was passing through on her way to a music festival lucky girl! It was lovely to see her don't get me wrong as we only see each other once in a while but time is always an issue for me, never enough of it and always running out.
It's been pretty much of the same thing today, Bank Holiday everyone at home so just can't get anything done and to top it all I've got the gas plumber coming first thing in the morning Oh Joy of joys! Still trying to figure out how to fit in the cleaning, washing, cooking, crafting and I do believe the grandchildren have been demoted down the list, well just for a little while anyway, so best get on.....
So for this week by pure miracle and the skin of my teeth lol ! we will be using a set of stamps from Creative Expressions called Design a Tree.
This stamp set is a bit like mix and match as you can choose what tree top you want from three different designs. I decided to use them with the folded tag book that we did a quick template version of in a class a couple of weeks ago.



This is a little 6x6 card.
I chose the colours for it from the background paper.
Colours of the paper may vary in classes.

Here you can see the tag book but it seems that my tags have disappeared from view, guess what?? I have cut my tags to the wrong size and only just realized when I took this photo. I have rectified the problem and made my tags the correct size. The ribbon is also missing from each tag.



This photo shows both front and back
I have chosen pastel colours for the tag book.


You could use a variety of different products to colour the trees and tags
i.e. Aqua Pens, Aqua Tints Distress inks etc, k
I used a combination of my ink pads and aqua tints. I have also used my white Gesso, Black Versatfine and Clear Powder, oh and a fine tip black pen.
I painted my gesso with a flat ended paint brush over the tags before giving them any colour. This made them appear to have a chalk like finish.

OKAY see you soon x
Shelagh.










Look bigger tags, darn forgot the ribbon lol !!   : )

No comments: