MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Tuesday 5 January 2016

2016 - Small is Beautiful - Do Crafts


Well finally Happy New Year to you all, and I truly hope that it's going to be much better than last year as I for one have had my fill of being ill, feeling tired and sick to death of bad news and on the whole down right miserable because of it all, think it's time to make a change for the better I am so over last year and looking forward to a better one and I wish it not just for myself but for everyone who needs it....... On that note let us move forward and onto our first class of this 2016 which I must add starts on Thursday this week.
Small and beautiful is how I would describe the stamp set we will be using from Do Crafts and totally value for money with the amount of stamps you get in the set, they are just perfect for so many different projects.
I'm not going to waffle on so I'll make this post short 'n' sweet and let you see what's going to be our first class using the stamps along with some of the Colour Cloud inks and a few other bits and pieces.




I have used a couple of shades of green plus a denim blue and a purple-blue shade plus a deep pink.





Clear ink pad

Black Versafine

Clear Powder




This first card is 6x6 in size and I simply built up the design with the very pretty floral and foliage stamps.

I have used the Colour Cloud inks to stamp with and I found it best to apply the ink to the stamps with my mini egg blending tools.





Now for card two which is 8x8.

Sweet but simple by design, I decided to use a die cut shape for the main image which I have stamped a pattern onto in a random fashion. I inked through the waste from the die cut using it as a stencil to get the shadow effect under the butterfly.







The sentiment stamps are from - Sara's Signature Collection and the A4 embossing folder came with the Cut n Boss machine.


The butterfly die is by Tim Holtz.


So that's it for now see you all soon

Shelagh x

No comments: