MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 14 March 2016

More Flowers -- Cone Flowers, well that's what Woodware call them.

Hello there, well it seems I have made it through the weekend and what a very long and busy weekend it was I'm absolutely cream cracked if you'll pardon the expression and didn't think I would get anything done in time for our classes this week but I have and I hope you will forgive me if they are a tad on the simple side but sometimes simple  is a good thing as it means that we can produce our cards in extra quick time when we really need to.
After having used the Whimsical Flower stamp last week I have continued with another stamp which is very similar and again brought to us by Woodware, it is quite a large image so you don't need to use much more  to create your card but you have many options on how you could use it. So I don't want to make things long winded as I need to get my act together cause this is going to be yet another hard working week for me as I'm in Birmingham as from Friday and will be demoing at the NEC with Sheena's new range Day of the Dead!! Think I might start to look a little frayed at the edges myself by then, well they do say no rest for the wicked but at least I will fit in with the theme of things and no doubt I will certainly feel done in by the time I have to drive home on Sunday evening...
Right enough moaning here is what I made with this stamp.............



A selection of goodies to create both of the cards I have made.



As you can see I have used my Distress inks to paint with mixed with a touch of my Clear Sparkle Pen, Black Versafine and Clear Embossing Powder, a fine tip paint brush.

I did use the Tonic Crystal Drops on the flowers on both cards.





Shaded Lilac
Dusty Concord
Seedless Preserve
Gathered Twigs






Card one is a 5x7"

The sentiment stamp is from the set we used last week,




Card two is a 6x6"


The background has been created with the Distress inks and Smoothies blending tools and a splash of water.
Before that I have stamped and embossed the image then painted over with Drawing Gum, thought we should give it another go as it's such a good technique especially when using these types of backgrounds.






I have painted the image with Pearl and Amethyst Starlight paints.




The flower in the foreground has been stamped and cut out then decoupage onto the front to give a little dimension. You can just about see the light catching the mica in the Starlight paint.




That's me finished for now I really do need to get my Day of the Dead in motion lol! Sounds like Voodoo to me, see you all soon.

Sheilagh

No comments: