MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 30 March 2016

Lauren,Laurel, New York and the House of Zandra.

Hello here we are again and its not snowing outside today but wait that was rain and hail I just heard, oh well at least we will be inside for our classes and I don't intend to spend any length of time outside not until the weather sorts itself out and I really do hope that it will be soon as I must find time to get things organized out on the allotment but the demo days are coming thick and fast so its not going to be easy me thinks I could do with a clone or maybe a magic spell that would allow me to be in several places at once lol! Never going to happen darn it!
For now I will have to do my best and just get on with things............... OK lets get on with our cards for class, I have used a die set along with a stamp both from Creative Expressions, Lauren is the set of dies and Laurel Flourish is the stamp that works with the dies, I have teamed them up with New York Border die set and a set of flower stamps from my stash which come from The House of Zandra and I know that Louise won't have the stamps in stock but there is a really good alternative and that would be the very pretty printed flowers which are the same ones as the stamps I have used but on A4 sheets ready to cut out. These are in stock and also from the House of Zandra.
Card one is 8x8
I have used Crimson kiss Colour Cloud Blending Ink, Clear ink pad, White embossing powder, Menthol Starlights paint, a fine tip paint brush and Spectrum Noir EB2 alcohol pen (beige colour).
I have stamped the flowers and a rose leaf stamp and embossed on to white parchment.
Card 2 is 6x6,
I have stamped Laurel Flourish onto a dye cut panel with Weather Wood Distress Ink and added some diamond stickles to highlight. This time I stamped the flower on to parchment with clear ink and embossed with white twinkle WOW powder. The dye cut Lauren frame is layered on top of the stamped image. I have added a couple of die cut leaves and an embossed background.
OKAY this is where I show you the photo's but first I'm off to visit O2 and get them to fix my camera because this issue only began when I had the upgrade to Windows 10 so I'll be back soon with the pictures to show you fingers crossed x
So I'm back from O2 what a waste of time they didn't know anything so now I have an appointment with the O2 GURU and guess what he's not available until Friday at 3pm, joy of joys!!!!
I have taken a couple of photo's with my phone and although they're not very good I guess it's better than none so here goes.......




Hooray it worked this time.

8x8 square card




As you can see I have painted the flower using  a fine paint brush and a touch of Starlight paint.


The leaves have been coloured on the back with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol pen, a beige or sandstone like colour.




A selection of products I used to make both cards.







6x6 square card.

I have stamped the House of Zandra flowers onto Parchment for both cards.

The embossing folder is a Die'sire from Crafters Companion.

The leaves are a die from one of Sheena's Perfect Partners range, think it's the Country cottage Carnation.


Thank goodness that's worked see you soon
Sheilagh

No comments: