MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 11 May 2016

To Woodware - An Old Letter - from Daisy May & Dotty Flowers.

Good afternoon everybody hope it's dry where you are today it has stopped raining here at the moment but it's still warm so I'm not complaining and at least the garden is happy for now. We had a good demo day at the shop on Saturday with the lovely Karen from Stix2 and I really enjoyed myself as I got to take part for once and it made a nice change for me not having any stress and just a relaxed playtime, can't wait for the next one which I think has already been booked for August but I will have to check with Louise about the date and then I can let you know. I have to thank Karen for giving me the inspiration for our classes this week as I have used some of the stamps that were available on the demo day and of course they are all from Woodware and I for one will be putting them to good use and making  lots of goodies with them. I think quite a few sold out but I'm sure Louise will be sending another order for them so they should be back in stock soon.
So what have you done with them I hear you cry? Well I decided to keep things almost the same except for the fact that I have made cards with them but on demo day we made a canvas bag and it was fun to do something a little different so who knows we might even get to do this in class so watch this space........
For these 5x7 cards I have used three of the Woodware stamps sets and I have to say that they are great value for the money, so inexpensive and perform beautifully every time even on fabrics.




Ok nice and simple this week.

Memento ink Rich Cocoa
Ripe Persimmon Distress ink

I used my Quickie glue pen and my Glamour dust.




I have paper pieced the stamped image known as Daisy May over the background Old Letter stamp.


When you stamp your image more than once onto different papers or fabrics  you can mix and match and make two different images if you get what I mean.






The small butterfly has been die cut from double sided sticky sheet then Gold Craft Foil placed on top to add just a little accent in the corner.

I have distressed the edges of the background panel with some Ripe Persimmon then added a tiny border of glitter with my glue pen.



Onto the second card, I created a mask through which I have inked with SHABBY SHUTTERS & CRACKED PISTACHIO Distress inks then stamped this lovely Dotty Flowers image to create a very simple yet stylish look.
I have stamped the flowers in Black Versafine ink.


I coloured the leaves in with my Spectrum Noir pen then stamped the small sentiment on each side before adding faux stitching with my Micron Fineliner Pen, not very straight don't think I had my glasses on at the time which is not such a good move as you can see lol! Pity I couldn't, not to worry we live and learn so they say.








Black Versafine to stamp the sentiments.



A touch of Stickles glitter glue just to finish off.

Well that's me off for my lunch now so I'll see you later.
Have a good afternoon, it looks like the sun is trying its best to make an appearance, go on you know you can do it ⛅
Sheilagh x

No comments: