MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 15 June 2016

English Country Garden and Ribbon Threading Dies

Evening Folks, how is it that the best laid plans always seem to go astray. I was so happy that I had actually managed to get up front with my class for this week and then just like that back to square one when everything is going to be last minute! How on earth does this happen, I will never know.
Anyway lets knot dwell on the might have, should have, could have, instead lets be glad we still can have our class this week. Can I just say at this point " to Louise and Ian " hope it's not too hot and boring for you in Espanola this week, poor you if it doesn't rain!, what can I say lol!
Right lets move forward at a more lively pace no man Yana for us......
This time I have used a little bit of Sara's English Country Garden collection and teamed it up with one of the Ribbon threading dies. I have to be honest and tell you that I really do like this range from Sara whom I should also mention has just been awarded an MBE clever girl, well done you! The whole range is so easy to work with its impossible not to make something really nice from any of the  elements in the range.
So what did I do with Sara's English Country Garden, strong colours from the paper pad, simple and sweet with the dies. Lets hope you feel the same when you get to use them.
I forgot to mention the stamp set that is also from the English Country Garden collection.



Card one is 5x7

The front panel has been die cut with a Ribbon threading die then stamped with one of the stamps from Sara's English Country Garden collection

Ribbon has been threaded through the die cut.


The background has been stamped with Clear ink and Embossed in Green Wow Sparkle powder.










The butterflies have been die cut from one of Sara's new dies out of white Parchment and then embossed in a Die'sire embossing folder. I have used a pale green Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker on the reverse to add a hint of colour.
 okay so card two is 8x8

I didn't quite finish the card before I took the photo's so this is just a little sneak peek to give you a hint of what it will be like when it's finished.

Here again I have used one of the Ribbon threading dies and cut it twice out of the background panel  before putting it through my Gemini in the embossing folder.

I have die cut the Butterfly dies again using some of the papers from a previous Sara Davies collection.
 I have to say that this layered Butterfly die is so pretty despite the fact that it is a solid shape but it looks so nice no matter what you cut it out of and you can make it in different sizes as well.

I used some Faded Jeans Distress ink and a Blue Imagination Crafts Alchemy Wax to highlight the embossing and then a Quickie glue pen and some blue glitter to outline the wings of the butterfly.  Sorry that the photo doesn't give you much to go on but I will do my best to add a couple more later. You might just be able to make out the die cut panel in the top right hand corner of  the photo which is the Square Frame from the Downton Abbey range.
Well that's it for now got to go as I have a very unhappy little black cat who has been poorly this afternoon and only wants to drink water from a running tap, she was sick a few times earlier today so I'm keeping my eyes on her.
See you all soon x


No comments: