MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 1 June 2016

Patchwork- pretty or not? Works for both

Hey morning! and how is everyone today, good I hope and its not even raining up to now so that's a bonus lets keep our fingers crossed it stays that way. I finally managed to spend a little time out on the allotment and I feel better for doing so and I'm a hundred percent sure that my plants are as well.
The tomatoes are firmly in there larger dwellings along with the pepper plants and a couple of cucumbers and I also managed to plant my sweetcorn and peas, sorted out the strawberries and a few other things. Now all I have to do is remember to water them lol!
So, this week I decided we would keep to the sweet and simple kind of style well for at least one card and then the other I thought might be good to change to a male looking card and that's what I did.
I had a couple of ideas and thought it would be good to create using the freebies from the last issue of the Inspiration magazine with the hexagonal patchwork type dies and the stamp set and this is what I came up with.



For the 6x6 male style card I used some Cosmic Shimmer Gold and Copper Gilding Polishes, a touch of green and blue Colour Cloud inks, a hint of Aged Mahogany Distress ink and wait for it............. a brand new product (just arrived in at the shop also from Cosmic Shimmer), the tiniest amount of Pixie Powder to create a lovely arty type background for my card.
These lovely powders are rich in pigments and mica and come to us in a choice of about 20 colours. Lots of crafty fun time to be had me thinks 😁





Funny how photo's make things look so different, it appears that I have added little hexagon panels on top of my Hessian embossed background when in fact they have been die cut out to reveal the background underneath. Only three have been layered up on the front.

The Hessian embossed panel is Kraft card that has a touch of inking and then gilding polish over it.




It's such a pity you can't really see the mica on the background panel.



Thought maybe you could make this card for Father's day as it's just around the corner.



Now onto the next card which is C5 in size (A4 folded in half).


For this I used my A4 Scrip background embossing folder, the hexagon dies, patterned papers, stamps from the magazine, Decadent Wine Colour Cloud ink, Cracked Pistachio Distress ink and the flowers are all cut from a Sue Wilson die set "String Flowers".
Black Versafine ink for the stamping.


Think this might be the nearest thing to patchwork I will ever get to do lol!


see you later x
Sheilagh



































No comments: