MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 8 June 2016

Mystic Garden - Hot Off The Press

Morning sorry I'm so late forgot to post this yesterday I had so much to do and things didn't quite go to plan. After waiting all day for the new kitchen windows to arrive only to get a phone call at 5 pm to say that they didn't get them finished today and can only come next Tuesday to fit them as they were going away on holiday that evening for a week........... charming I don't think!!

If you're wondering about the title this week then wonder no more we will be making our cards with this beautiful set of clear stamps from Hot Off The Press, and I would describe them as very vintage Victorian Shabby Chic. I have seen a couple of their sample cards over on Pinterest which is quite useful for those of us who are looking for a little inspiration.
So here's what I have made for us this week.



This is A4 half fold or C5 I have cut a decorative edge using one of Sara's Signature Collection dies.


The background paper is from a pad of 8x8 that I have had for a while so the pattern and colour in class will be slightly different.

I have stamped the images onto the background paper with Rich Cocoa Memento ink and then coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens, just a couple of brown tones for the birds and a green for the leaves.

I have made the frame from Kraft card by using my Die'sire Create-a-Card Base die set, I think this one is called Louise but I'll have to check on that.


The flower has been stamped with Black Versafine ink and embossed in clear powder.
I have used my Spectrum Noir pens to colour  the image.


You might just be able to see that I have added some Pink Stickles glitter glue to the flower.
You can click on the photo to enlarge.


The frame is embossed with a script folder and I have used Gathered Twigs Distress ink to darken it before highlighting the embossing with my Pearl Metallic Gilding Polish.









Onto card two which is 6x6, this one has been die cut from cream cardstock using the Base Card Die Nicole.

The main focal panel has also been cut using the same die set.


I coloured my panel with Distress inks Squeezed Lemonade
Ripe Persimmon
Abandoned Coral
You could also use Colour Cloud inks instead which work equally as good as the Distress inks.

The beautiful Bird Cage stamp has been stamped in clear ink and embossed with Gold Powder, I have used my Distress inks to paint the image.  



I added a couple of die cut String Flowers (by Sue Wilson) from cardstock that I had coloured with Abandoned Coral and Pearl Gilding polish before cutting.

To finish off the image panel I added some Gold Gilding polish through a mini stencil and around the outer edges.



Well that's it for another week see you soon x

No comments: