MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Monday 8 August 2016

Autumn Inspiration - Issue 11 Crafters Companion

Hi to everybody at last I'm back in the land of the living so to speak and I will make a mental note to myself at this point never to say that I am taking a break or a holiday ever again out loud as it seems to be the biggest jinx ever for me, once again I became ill with yet another chest infection and was feeling really poorly so spent the last week and longer in bed and to make matters worse I just couldn't stop coughing but thankfully now it seems to have subsided and I'm finally starting to feel better so it's back to work for little old me! boo! hoo! Just kidding.
I thought we might put our Inspiration magazine goodies to the test this week and I have to say that they have done it proud once again as I am loving the dies and matching stamps I found them so easy to use and they will most certainly work for many different projects not to mention working so well with lots of other goodies you have already in your stash, these items will never go out of fashion, so so useful.
Lets look at my take on a couple of cards as I found after reading the magazine to be really inspirational and let's face it that's always a big plus when your brain is definitely not in card making gear lol!


Okay sorry if this photo is a little out of focus but you get the idea.
I have created the background panel with my Peacock Green Pixie Powder (which I mixed in a little water in a spray bottle) and my Salty Ocean, Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn Distress inks. I stamped on top of the inked background then using a mini stencil, Green Starlight paint and a stencil brush to create a more textured look. The border has been embossed in the vine folder which also comes free with the magazine.
 The card base is a 5x7



As you can see I have die cut several leaves some have been over stamped with the matching stamp and Rich Cocoa Memento ink and Mowed Lawn but some I have left plain and just highlighted with the Starlight paint.






I used my Collall Tacky glue and Cosmic Shimmer Iced Snow glitter to add a touch of sparkle on a couple of the leaves


This time I decided to stay with a smaller card, this is a 6x6



I thought this card would be suitable for a male or female that's why I have kept it very simple and just used the leaves which have been die cut as the main focal image.


I made some coloured background card with two of my Pixie Powders Lava Red and Scarlet Mist then when dry I added in some Colour Cloud Sunlit Cedar and a touch of Ripe Persimmon Distress ink. The leaves have all been die cut before stamping and heat embossing with White Powder on the coloured card and Gold Powder onto the black die cut leaves, I have used a Clear ink pad for both lots of powder.



The center panels are die cut then inked with Colour Cloud Basil Leaf and the Sunlit Cedar.




The sentiment is from the free stamp set and stamped in black Versafine.



Well that's it for now so I'll see you all soon and I hope that everyone is fit and well and ready for some Autumn crafting even though it's still Summer lol!
Sheilagh

No comments: