MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Snowflake Tree - Tranquil Happiness Couture Creations

Hi there, almost forgot to blog this week's classes guess it must be this glorious sunshine I'm mesmerized by so in order for me not to miss too much of it I'm going to be quick on this post.
This week we are making our next lot of Christmas cards and to do this I used this lovely 5x7 Snowflake Tree design Embossing folder  from Couture Creations which they call Tranquil Happiness. It is quite wonderful what you can achieve with simply a piece of white card and an embossing folder and maybe a touch of other goodies you keep in your stash.
One design but two completely different looks and they really do look much better in real time, once again I must apologize for my poor photo's as you just don't get the whole overall effect like you would if you could hold them in front of you.
Anyway take a look and see what you think.
For some strange reason Mr Blogger isn't a happy bunny today and won't let me type my descriptions next to my photo's like I normally do so I will just give you a very brief description of what each card has been made from then add in the photo's after, so card one is a C5 and the tree has been embossed onto black cardstock then cut out and highlighted with Gilding Polishes Gold, Copper and Turquoise.
The background has been embossed onto white card but I added Tumbled Glass DI to the folder with my brayer, and the snowflakes have been cut from Kraft card then sprayed with Stick and Stay before adding the glitter (my favorite of course, Iced Snow by Cosmic Shimmer)
Card two is 5x7. The same principal has been applied to this card just a change of colour to Shaded Lilac DI, the same with the snowflakes but white card this time and a couple of extra little snowflakes that have been stamped and embossed onto acetate with lilac Wow powder. The sentiments have been stamped with Dusty Concord DI. I added a touch of Crystal glitter to the little birds with my glue pen and Glamour dust. Think that might be everything so I will just add the photo's for you to see then I'm done for today Ha! I wish, my delivery from Crafters Companion has just arrived and two of my Grandchildren need running home not to mention getting the cat some food or I will be persecuted all night by one hungry angry black cat, off I go so see you all later x










No comments: