MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Birdy Towers

Hi there, it's going to be a super quick post today as I have been suffering with a painful backache which kept me tossing and turning all night and it seems as if I  have taken all day to get things sorted out for the classes so I am going to give you a somewhat brief description of the cards and what I used on them.  This very cute stamp is from Woodward and is called Birdy Tower and you can see why, they also have a few more in the same style, different designs. So useful for your quick cards but they also work on larger cards as well.




8x8 card

Background panel.
Distress inks
Aged Mahogany
Vintage Photo
Mowed Lawn

Rich Red Gilding Polish



Clear ink and White powder

The stamp is embossed with white powder onto Kraft card.


The birds have been painted with distress inks and Red Starlight paint, I used a round fine tip paint brush

Once the border strip was embossed in my folder (wood grain) I added a touch of Peridot Alchemy wax.


The leaves have been die cut and inked with the Mowed Lawn D.I.
Then I have added Peridot and also a hint of White Gold starlight paint with cut n dry foam.


Leaves from Sara's Autumn Morning collection.




It's such a shame you can't get the full visual effects of the waxes and the paints together.





Decided to make a DL card as I thought this size of stamp was just perfect for a quick make card.

The birds are stamped in black Versafine and embossed in Clear Powder.

Them I painted over the image with my Drawing Gum to protect it before I created the background using a large flat paint brush and Sax Blue Starlight paint and water to thin it out a little.



Once again I have used the Red and also Topaz Starlight to colour in the birds.



So that's it for now and I'm sure you will all be pleased that there is no cutting out by hand this week just a tad of painting to do lol!

At least you will have two more Christmas cards ready to add to your collection, and I haven't even got one as yet maybe one of these days I will sit down with you all during class and make them as well Ha! Well you never know stranger things have happened. : )


Later! x


No comments: