MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 12 October 2016

Bouquet For You - Stampendous

Hi all,  jeepers these weeks are flying by don't seem to get many things done these days before it's time to post the classes again yet here we are and its that time of the week already so as you may of gathered from the title we are keeping with the florals but to accompany them we also have included on the stamp set are a couple of glass/jam jars, so useful don't you think especially if you need to put your flowers in not to mention lots of other things lol!
Anyhow lets not waste time as it is in short supply it would seem, well in my case anyway and we can take a look at our cards for the coming week. Did I tell you about the stamps? No didn't think so and I guess it might help if you knew what we will be using. A great little set of clear stamps from Stampendous - A Bouquet for you.



Card size is 5x7.
Background panel has been created by using the following:-

Picked Raspberry distress ink.

Hessian embossing folder.

Heather Gilding polish. 






The jars have been stamped onto watercolor card.

The two jars in the background have been stamped with Adirondack Slate which is a Dye based ink pad then the front one has been stamped and embossed with Black Versafine and Clear Powder. They have been painted with Stormy Sky distress ink and a paint brush.


I have stamped and embossed the flowers again in the black ink and embossed in clear then coloured them with my pencils, pink, red and a touch of purple.

These flower stamps are a really good size.


Onto card two which is 8x8.


 I have used two embossing folders on this card, one is the stone wall Distress folder and the other is Trees from Sara's last range Autumn Morning.




The folder has been brayered with Frayed Burlap/Gathered Twigs Distress inks.

The jam jar I stamped twice, once onto white card and embossed in the tree folder and the other one is on Acetate stamped in Black Stazon ink. I added a touch of colour to the acetate jar with a grey/blue alcohol markers.



As with the last card I coloured my flowers with pencils but if you wanted you could use your pens, markers or watercolor pens or pencils it's your choice if you wish to bring your own.

Think that's just about it for now, I have to add that I did enjoy working with this stamp set and the possibilities of creativity with them are probably infinite after all who could go wrong with a glass jar and flowers, somehow it reminded me of my childhood, don't you agree I remember picking wild flowers and putting them in a glass jam jar for my mum, those WHERE the days...............


See you soon x
Shelagh

No comments: