MY CRAFTING ADVENTURE

My journey through crafting collecting goodies along the way x

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Underneath the Arches - Ancient that is

Good evening to you all hope you all enjoyed your bank holiday weekend, well what a day it's been for me started out really well class was sorted went out at dinner planned to be back in the afternoon to blog like a good person wood and then it happened !  Why Oh Why??? do cars have to be sooooo complicated and drown right awkward when you least want them to. On my way home my poor little car decided it wasn't very happy and started to smoke from under the bonnet, the temperature had risen to almost the max so I thought as I was driving along now would be a good time to stop and that proved to be right as it turned out that there was no water left in my radiator as it had sprung a vigorous leak, so I had to phone for help and wait, and wait ,and wait, well you get the idea AND it was raining and raining and raining Ohooooo shut up woman and get on with it LOL!!!!
So now I am home I will try and tell you what we will be doing this week,   But wait!!!! some people I hear cry from a distant room and they want their tea making - what a shame, how sorry I feel for them NOT!! - OK I'll be back shortly..........................................................................................

Right here we go with this weeks cards...

card one is an 8x8 base card and I have embossed the whole of the card in my 12x12 Script Die'sire embossing folder.

The background panel has also been embossed with the same folder.


The Sheena's little Bit Sketchy stamp - Ancient Arches has been stamped with Black Versafine and heat embossed with Clear Powder.




I coloured with Distress Ink Pads :-

Weathered Wood
Scattered Straw
Mustard Seed 
Wild Honey 

 


I have used a wet paint brush to take out some of the ink around the window to give a lighter appearance.




The die cuts are from Spellbinders and Die'sires die's.










Card two is also an 8x8 and this time I have used a Clear ink pad and Gold Embossing Powder together with the Ancient Arches embossing Folder along with Weathered Wood and Chipped Sapphire to create the background, I also used a touch of Black Soot to go around the edges just to darken them a little. For some reason unknown to me I can't get my photo to upload to show you what it looks like so I will do my best to sort it out and try again later, Oh! what a day!!!
See you all soon I hope, that is if  my car is fixed for tomorrow or it will be Shanks's Pony for me and that might prove to be very near impossible as I am allergic to getting wet in the rain and walking great distances lol!!
Sheilagh x

No comments: